Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nuketown is a very small map in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It is probably the most popular map, because of its capabilities of getting fast XP.
It has two houses you can enter; the green house and the yellow house. There is also a red house which you cannot enter. Both of the houses you can enter have gardens, containing a variety of objects. The houses are also two-story, allowing you to access the upper and ground floor. In the middle area there are two large vehicles. One has the words Westward Moving & Delivery on it (a reference to WMD), you can enter this one through three entrances. The other vehicles is a yellow school bus with the words, Treyarch Unified School District (a reference to the games maker, Treyarch) you cannot enter it, and it is used mainly a cover. The map is also scattered with mannequins which you can shoot/ knife the heads and arms off. At the end of a match, a nuclear bomb will go off, destroying the entire map.
Here are some random facts about Nuketown:
- If you shoot the heads off all the mannequins in 15 seconds the song 'Sympathy for the Devil' by the Rolling Stones will play
- There is a double rainbow in the sky, a reference to the viral video
- You can see the Doomsday clock on a tower from the yellow houses garden.
- There is a sign near the green house saying, 'Welcome to Nuketown, Population [number of players in the map)
- This map was inspired by the film, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It is based off the scene when Jones comes across a nuclear testing site which is about to be obliterated by a nuclear bomb
- One of the houses is a replica of the Brady Bunch house
- The mailboxes in the map are labelled Woods and Mason the mailboxes outside the map say Hudson and Weaver
- A street sign saying Trinity Ave can be seen, this is a reference to the nuclear bomb tests, Trinity Tests